Cause if you really know me you know that I don't do it.
Sophia the 3 yr old of just 2 days now had her interview and testing for pre-school. Yes testing. It is a pre-school for the gifted and you have to meet a certain criteria along with a certain IQ in order to get in. Now this is where Steven and Bella went. Steven has since moved on to the Long Island School for the Gifted and we couldn't be more proud of his accomplishments. Luckily for us he doesn't realize how smart he really is so it hasn't all gone to his head yet - if you know what I mean. Bella has done very well but after careful consideration we decided that the public school would be a better fit for Miss Social Butterfly. Not that she wouldn't get that where Steven is but it would just be different.
OK so now it's Sophia's turn. First you can't get tested until you turn 3 and she was 3 on Sunday. When Steven was tested he 4yrs 3mos old. Sophia at 3 yrs 2 days old had scores that reflected an age of a 5 1/2 yr old. Her over all IQ was 8 points higher than that of what Steven's was and his was high. That is just incredible!! I mean Steve and I are completely dumbfounded. Look we knew she had something going on or we wouldn't have bothered but for her scores to come back this far off the charts is crazy! I mean she could be the youngest Nobel peace prize winner for something...lol OK I know that is pushing it ALOT but I'm the mother and it's my right to believe all my kids will be rocket scientists. At the very least maybe she can help me with my grammar.
She has no idea what she did today other than look at pictures and answer some questions. She was most proud of getting to spend the day at school with her big sister and brother. Steven is always welcomed back to the school to hang out when he's not at his school and since he started his summer break already they were excited to have him spend the day. He helped get the kids prepared for their graduation ceremony on Friday. She was excited to get to sit at the table and have snack with all her new friends. She was asked to start now but there is only 2 days left so well hang out till Sept. She said she needs to find the perfect backpack.
Hey I'm the first to admit that Steve has all the book smarts but I do have more street smarts. I'm just lucky my kids are getting his smarty pants genes. On their way to Harvard I'll make sure they know how to change their tire should they get a flat....lol Harvard whatta ya kidding me?!?! If that's the case I'll help them lie on their student aid forms :)
No comments:
Post a Comment