I know 2 posts in one day what's happening?!?! I've had my "AHA moment" and I have things that need to be said. Over the last few weeks I've heard a lot of people speak of passion. I thought about it a lot. Do you have a passion? Usually a few times a week someone will say to me "how do you do it with 5 kids?". Just this evening while at the store the check out lady said it as 2 were screaming for candy, 1 was doing a dance routine in the aisle, 1 was screaming for tic tacs and the 5th was trying to convince me why ice cream was a wise choice for dinner. I looked at them and then back at the women as she handed me my change and I replied "their my passion - so it's easy". It's that simple. Being a Mom and a wife is my passion - not the only one but my main one and I am damn good at it! My kids are proof as is Steve - go ahead ask him he'll tell you. Steve is sweet - he tells me often and I always say the same thing " you don't need to say it - it's what I'm supposed to do". Ya know what though it's good to hear - it's my job I mean it is my passion but a job of sorts and I am very proud of the job I am doing. It really is what I was meant to do.
Look I have a lot of passions. The thing is I want to be and do good at everything. I hate doing anything 1/2 assed. I don't care if it's wrapping a gift or helping a kid with a school project. Some might call it being an overachiever or maybe competitive. I don't see it that way I just like doing my best not because I am following some "checklist" but just because it makes me happy. My life makes me happy and I have no reasons for it not and I am not going to let anyone try and make me feel bad for this life we have created anymore as I have so often done in the past. If your unhappy I'm sorry for you but not for me. Find your passion and you'll find your happy!
The other thing is that even though I have a lot of passions I know their priority. Sure I would love to stay in my office all day and craft away or read a book both passions but the thing is the laundry, cleaning the house, taking care of the kids is more important most times. Sure things slip from time to time like right now I have laundry a mile high and I am sitting here typing away but I know once I am done I will get right on it and it will be done as if it were never there.
Steve and I have an unspoken agreement. If he has to work and sacrifice for us everyday to the extent he does so that we can have this life and so I can follow my passions then I can at the least make sure he comes home to a clean house, food on the table (gotta make this one a passion soon...lol), and clean clothes. I don't think that's too much to ask. Sure I do more than most I mean I had to deal with ants recently lots and lots of ants and all I got from him was "sorry I can't handle this but I know you can" NOOOOO I can't handle bugs but in the end I did deal with it and there are no more tiny visitors and Steve was undisturbed other than listening to me freak out for a few minutes over the ants. In the end, as usual, it makes me happy that I do take care of all I do - he has enough to worry about. Steve I swear to god though the next bug problem is on you!
Passion - find it, embrace it and love it! You gotta start somewhere how about being passionate about the sock drawer - everyone has one and everyone's is a mess. Be passionate about a matching pair!
No comments:
Post a Comment