Monday, April 13, 2009

The aftermath....

I just said to Steve last night doesn't it seem like Easter came and went so quickly his year?!? This was our first Easter in this house so it was fun to find all the hiding places for the eggs the Easter Bunny leaves behind. It's clear after this years hunt that Steve can't be in charge anymore of the hiding for fear of a kids life or a TV, light fixture of anything else of value he thinks is wise to involve in an egg hunt.

This was the staging area for the all the baskets. I love Easter almost as much as Christmas. Everyone gets a basket.....at least all of the kids in my life. It takes just over a week to get it all done. I like to personalize each one. I make sure everyone gets their favorite candy and such. The only thing I could do without is the Easter grass because there is no easy way to control it and it gets EVERYWHERE. I can't believe I forgot to take an after picture. I was putting finishing touches on them just before we left to give them out. Trust me they looked cute!


Here's the motley crew getting ready for the hunt. Steve is making them wait on the stairs while I run to get the camera. Believe it or not it's not attached to my hip. Plus I have one in the shop so I only had 1 to work with.


Now the kids were told over a month ago that if they learned to ride their bikes without their training wheels that we would see about the Easter Bunny bringing them new bikes. They were all in need of new bikes and little did they know I would have just went an bought them but this worked out much better. Plus it was much more fun this way. So apparently Sam snuck downstairs in the middle of the night to see if the bikes had been delivered. All she saw was the doors to the toy room shut but never peaked in. We told the kids to go find the eggs and they ran right for the toy room. We weren't paying attention because we were helping Sophia. She is still slow to the concept of actually picking up the egg and putting it in her basket. When we didn't see the kids we walked toward the toy room and out came flying Bella on her bike. She about knocked Steve over.



I walked in after their excitement for the bikes were over and they were off to find the eggs...



Sophia pulling up the rear finally made her way in to see her little car the bunny left for her....



This is what I mean about Steve not getting to hide the eggs anymore. That TV is attached to the wall. Not that I am worried it would fall off on it's own but with a child hanging from it might have a chance....



Sure hiding them in the light fixture is a GREAT idea too!!


Look at him sit there with his coffee directing them:



Now it's about 8am lets go wake the neighborhood with the new wheels:


Bella more worried about how she looks on the bike than the actual bike:



Sam needing air and Sophia is off..



Sam goes to get on and the wheel falls off....lol I put hers together but forgot to tighten a few bolts:


Or did I forget???? Knowing full well Steve would feel the need to "test it out" and I would have missed out on this shot (This is for the DC office - your welcome!)



Finally Sam is off....


and the Bunny didn't forget about us either. Steve finally got a ride of his own in his own size. Oh and it's black.



All the cousins and Grandma waiting for the 1,2,3, go....on the start of their hunt:


1 comment:

Lori said...

The pics are cute and all (I can't believe where he put those eggs!), but mostly I wanted to say how tickled I was to hear "I Love a Rainy Night." That song made me feel like a little kid again!